Not only are we approaching the end of the decade, but we’re already past video platform VEVO’s 10th anniversary. With the two milestones just about happening simultaneously, the video host went ahead and looked through its collection to find the 10 most-watched videos of all times.
The most-watched are broken down between globally, in the U.S. and the U.K. Overall, the U.S. numbers tower above those in the U.K., and obviously, the global videos tower above the U.S. even more so.
As you might expect, “Despacito” is the most-watched video with nearly six and a half billion views, while Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars’ “Uptown Funk” takes second globally and first in the U.S. and U.K.
Reflecting global trends overall, all of the lists are dominated by pop and hip hop, with nary a rock nor EDM tune in sight, not even Major Lazer’s “Lean On,” which has probably been the biggest EDM song of the decade.
See the full lists below.
10 Most-Watched Global Videos
1. Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee – “Despacito” / 6.46B
2. Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars – “Uptown Funk” / 3.67B
3. Justin Bieber – “Sorry” (PURPOSE: The Movement) / 3.19B
4. Maroon 5 – “Sugar” / 3.04B
5. Katy Perry – “Roar” / 2.92B
6. OneRepublic – “Counting Stars” / 2.84B
7. Taylor Swift – “Shake It Off” / 2.83B
8. Enrique Iglesias ft. Descemer Bueno, Gente De Zona – “Bailando” (Español) / 2.77B
9. Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – “Dark Horse”